Mozilla Status Board

bwinton@mozilla.com

Current Status - 2016-02-05

Done:

  • Prototypes:

    • Update the TabCenterTest add-on to use the light theme by default.
    • Talk to vng about making Doorhangers in addons.
    • Talk to Matt Grimes about Shield and Test Pilot.
    • Help vng access browser-chrome from his add-on.
  • Style Guide:

    • Add radio buttons to the Style Guide.
    • Add checkboxes to the Style Guide.
    • Talk to Mike Hoye about getting community contributions to the Style Guide.
    • Add Inputs content.
    • Add Panels content.
  • WebExtensions:

    • Port the "GitHub Canned Responses" Chrome add-on to a WebExtension!
    • Help notwaldorf get the "GitHub Canned Responses" WebExtension up on AMO.
    • Email Ghostery developer about upgrading to a more-supported options API.
    • Help Triage WebExtensions bugs for Version 1!.
  • Other:

    • Make a shallow-dive about the various data sources for Monday's meeting.
    • Send Rebecca Weiss the Data Sources info I collected.

Next:

  • WebExtensions:

  • Whimsy:

    • Make Whimsy e10s compatible.

Older Posts

Member of Projects

Team Posts

spohl@mozilla.com 3 days ago

Done:

  • bug 394984: Unable to update on mac if admin user is not the same admin user as the person who installed firefox - Collaborated with SoftVision to begin testing, review test cases and test plan, addressed bugs found during testing so far, set up server-side test environment.
  • bug 1199547: Cannot click "Print" or "Save Page As" in "File" after closing the "Print" dialog - Fixed by backing out bug 722676.
  • bug 1260836: Add support for CRX file extraction - Reviewed patch.
  • bug 1245256: (confidential) - Reviewed patches.
  • bug 1264037: Add testing for CRX Extraction - Reviewed patch.
  • bug 1264173: ProductAddonChecker can't download from servers that don't serve Content-Length headers - Reviewed patch.
  • bug 1264217: (confidential) - Reviewed patch.
  • bug 1264483: Hide Widevine CDM download on unsupported systems - Reviewed patch.
  • bug 1265321: [Widevine] The Widevine plug-in can't be enabled from the "You must enable DRM..." bar - Reviewed patch.
  • bug 1265815: Spike in Windows GMP crashes in Firefox 46 - Reviewed patch.
  • bug 1052519: Capture application update's update.log in update hotfix forensics - Finally cleared n-i request.
  • bug 1266241: (confidential) - Filed bug and helped investigate.
  • bug 711670: If URL.clicked and Firefox.closed and Firefox.has_updates, URL is not opened - Wrote patch, received r+, landed.
  • bug 828704: Firefox is launched with duplicate -foreground argument - Wrote patch, received r+, landed.
  • bug 1256729: Investigate large number of CHK_IS_DOWNLOADING pings - Started investigation.

Next:

  • bug 394984: Unable to update on mac if admin user is not the same admin user as the person who installed firefox
  • bug 1256729: Investigate large number of CHK_IS_DOWNLOADING pings
  • bug 1250901: Firefox hangs, force-quit stops process but Firefox icon remains in dock
  • bug 1258515: After Firefox update, Macbook won't shutdown

sfranks@mozilla.com 4 days ago

Done:

alam@mozilla.com 4 days ago

Next:

  • SFO
  • Mobile PM meetings
  • "Offline browsing" project scope

alessio.placitelli@gmail.com 4 days ago

Done:

  • Bug 1253751 - Create Firefox cohort reports with Unified Telemetry data for desktop usage hours analysis (reviewed, produced CSV files)
  • Bug 1245123 - Build a readable list of the current main ping contents for review
  • Bug 1263854 - Use MOZ_TELEMETRY_REPORTING consistently across build configurations
  • Bug 1255472 - Collect actual major and minor version data on Windows 10
  • Bug 1145188 - Telemetry redesign: TelemetrySession init should be triggered by TelemetryController (investigated the failures)

Next:

  • Bug 1262386 - TelemetrySession scheduler timeout does not fire right after sleep
  • TRIBE
  • PyCon
  • London Workweek

sbautista@mozilla.com 4 days ago

Done:

  • Completed Chicago interviews for Activity Stream Diary Study
  • Reviewed resumes for Sr. UX Researcher role

Next:

  • Finish recruiting for Test Pilot moderated usability sessions
  • Coordinate Washington state portion of Activity Stream diary study
  • Finish monthly mobile tablet study analysis
  • Review resumes for Sr. UX Researcher role

Coordination:

  • PTO Monday April 24
  • PDX for Activity Stream Diary Study interviews May 2-6
  • Mountain View for onboarding May 9-12

adw@mozilla.com 6 days ago

Done:

  • landed: Bug 1265066 - Separator em dash is incorrectly shown for bookmark keyword searches
  • landed: Bug 1259573 - Default favicon should be inverted for highlighted awesomebar entries
  • landed: Bug 1264983 - [OSX] New Awesomebar Resultlist covers the OSX Dock
  • working on, posted WIP patch: Bug 1252509 - Use a sliding panel overlay from the downloads panel to display the available actions
  • posted patches: Bug 1266375 - Suggestions twitch when I edit string in location bar
  • reviewed: Bug 1265055 - Move urlbar-related tests into the urlbar directory (out of general)
  • reviewed: Bug 1238310 - Implement browser.tabs zoom APIs
  • reviewed: Bug 1265194 - Refactor prompter tests
  • reviewed: Bug 1262887 - Long URLs stored in history cause slow address bar (places.sqlite is 1.4 GB)

randersen@mozilla.com last week

Next:

  • User Research session
  • Candidate interviews
  • Supporting engineering work for Menu and Today Widget designs
  • Bookmarks management wrap-up, split into three phases for engineering to complete the work
  • Control Center

gpetrie@mozilla.com 3 weeks ago

Done:

  • Tablet Monthly Mobile: Run Diary Study. Began interviews. We've had some trouble with participants and replacements.
  • Workflows: Began drafting report.
  • Activity Stream: Worked on mobile doc with Anthony.
  • Hiring: Phone screens.
  • Tofino!: Various coordination work. Iterative Research & Design Proposal.

Next:

  • Tablet Monthly Mobile: Interviews.
  • Workflows: Report. North America planning.
  • Hiring: Interviews. Phone screens.
  • Tofino: Participatory Design: Draft RFP.

mverdi@mozilla.com 3 weeks ago

Done:

  • Defined onboarding outcomes
  • Plan for moving forward

Next:

  • Look into usage data from default browser funnelcake
  • Further definition of returning user flows
  • Qualitative feedback on new download page design

pwalmsley@mozilla.com 4 weeks ago

Done:

  • bug squashing/qa review for amo visual refresh
  • hand off of disco pane specs
  • amo future design explorations

Next:

  • amo research! WHAT DOES THE FUTURE HOLD, I DON'T KNOW, LET'S FIND OUT
  • odds and sods for amo refresh and disco pane
  • Tribe in Toronto
  • Find Drake, become best friends with Drake

Coordination:

  • Does anyone know where I can find Drake?

wselman@mozilla.com last month

Done:

  • Workflow-based research: Review interview participants' data
  • Workflow-based research: Cross-tabulation discussion
  • Workflow-based research: Presentation for Product Club
  • Review of current UR spending
  • Hiring: Reviewed several applications

Next:

  • Workflow-based research: Review interview participants' data
  • Workflow-based research: Finish compiling together participant profiles
  • Workflow-based research: Planning for analysis week next week
  • Hiring: Review more applications

mreid@mozilla.com last month

Done:

  • Engagement Ratio

    • Operationalized overall Engagement Ratio - it now updates daily, all the way to the firefox-dashboard.
    • Proof of concept for ER for subpopulations
  • Churn

    • Organizing with consumers of churn data to deliver csv.
  • Sent PRs

  • More interviews

  • Setup new laptop
  • Reviewed untriaged bugs related to accepting SSL reports in the pipeline
  • Updated HTTP Edge Spec to make the "id" optional
  • Help with e10s retention derived dataset
  • Backfill Churn data with new e10s fields
  • Start drafting a proposal re: Submission Date vs. Activity Date in reports.

Next:

  • "Last mile" for churn and E.R.
  • Implement subpopulations
  • Coordinate with UCOSP students to wrap up in-progress project

Coordination:

  • Work with IT/cmore's team to decide where to deliver the Churn datasets.

philipp@mozilla.com last month

Done:

  • Hiring: screening resumes
  • Flesh out interviewers and hiring instructuions
  • Tab Center evaluation

Next:

  • Hiring: screen more resumes
  • First phone screens
  • Tab Center update

Coordination:

  • Will be on PTO all of next week

ehumphries@mozilla.com last month

Done:

  • Mocks for Bug Triaging
  • Flows for Bug Triaging
  • D&I Initiative Work

Next:

  • Review draft plan for triage with bugzilla.mozilla.org team
  • Incorporate feedback on draft plan
  • Core::Editor Ownership and Triage
  • D&I Initiative Work

Coordination:

  • OOO Wednesday and Thursday for D&I offsite
  • Blocked on bugmaster@mozilla.org email

mjaritz@mozilla.com last month

Next:

  • add-on discovery
    • check progress & feasibility of quick install flow
  • add-on naming
    • integrate feedback
    • propose solution
  • improving add-ons
  • talk about Mozilla & Firefox UX at Impact Hub - Global Mashup
    • prepare presentation
    • present (Thursday 6:30pm CET)

rfeeley@mozilla.com 2 months ago

Done:

  • AMO to FxA migration is live
  • Synced tabs polish
  • 3rd party password manager review
  • Drafted recurring sync test
  • iOS login polish bugs

Next:

  • Publish generic FxA migration spec
  • Sync user tests
  • State of the password manager deck

bwinton@mozilla.com 3 months ago

Done:

  • Prototypes:

    • Update the TabCenterTest add-on to use the light theme by default.
    • Talk to vng about making Doorhangers in addons.
    • Talk to Matt Grimes about Shield and Test Pilot.
    • Help vng access browser-chrome from his add-on.
  • Style Guide:

    • Add radio buttons to the Style Guide.
    • Add checkboxes to the Style Guide.
    • Talk to Mike Hoye about getting community contributions to the Style Guide.
    • Add Inputs content.
    • Add Panels content.
  • WebExtensions:

    • Port the "GitHub Canned Responses" Chrome add-on to a WebExtension!
    • Help notwaldorf get the "GitHub Canned Responses" WebExtension up on AMO.
    • Email Ghostery developer about upgrading to a more-supported options API.
    • Help Triage WebExtensions bugs for Version 1!.
  • Other:

    • Make a shallow-dive about the various data sources for Monday's meeting.
    • Send Rebecca Weiss the Data Sources info I collected.

Next:

  • WebExtensions:

  • Whimsy:

    • Make Whimsy e10s compatible.

hholmes@mozilla.com 3 months ago

Done:

  • ui-review, Bug 1233043
  • review for teammate on Promises
  • Working on blog post with :pbro, "Why Devtools Should Be Designed For Designers"
  • responsive design mode mockups to kick off [multiviewport] work

Next:

bram@mozilla.com 5 months ago

Done:

  • Security Error Pages
    • Wrote informational copy for 12 common security errors
    • Finished responsifying stylesheet of security error pages and merging it with info-pages.css:
    • Designed new icon for blocked sites
    • Optimise favicons for cert errors and blocked sites (we should use these icons in Windows, Mac and Linux to start – possibly Android later?)
  • Windows Family Safety
    • Reviewed David Keeler’s proposal
  • Saw all MozLando sessions available on Air Mozilla

Next:

Meet with people to wrap up 2015 work, as well as catch up on next year’s projects.

Coordination:

More MozLando live recordings, please!

felipc@gmail.com 5 months ago

Done:

  • Lots of work and coordination for the possible e10s experiment on beta:
  • bug 1226487 - e10s needs to be allowed on beta
  • bug 1222894 - beta experiment
  • bug 1198459 - disable e10s when a11y is enabled

  • Helped on task force started to run eslint on our js codebase, by removing the need for pre-processing a lot of our front-end code:

  • bug 1228627 - remove #includes
  • bug 1228655 - remove #ifdefs

agrigas@mozilla.com 5 months ago

Done:

  • finished first review design for global prefs for tracking protection (updated to support turning on in reg mode) https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1225534
  • https://invis.io/R650A9ZJG

  • finished second iteration of control panel tracking protection readout of company names https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1218891
  • https://www.dropbox.com/s/gg2jrtp12na4191/toggles_1119.png?dl=0

    Next:

  • continue refining designs and getting visual design input for above tickets
  • finishing draft of ux blog post on phase 1 of control center with tracking protection
  • bmohanathas@mozilla.com 5 months ago

    Done:

    Next:

    shorlander@mozilla.com 7 months ago

    Done:

    Next:

    • Finish panel element stuff
    • More search stuff

    bbell@mozilla.com 7 months ago

    Done:

    • Worked with Feeley on Synced Tabs Flow
    • Created assets for new test IdeaTown Add-on.
    • Incremented forward final Control Panel Assets.
    • Made new icons for Notifications.

    Next:

    • finally finish Control Panel
    • Ship Synced Tabs
    • Idea Town

    dhenein@mozilla.com 7 months ago

    Done:

    • private browsing implementation with Steph and associated tweaks/polish
    • some concepting for a new iOS idea
    • finished job description and submitted to HR

    Next:

    • Toronto Mobile Work Week

    mmaslaney@mozilla.com 7 months ago

    Next:

    • Style Guide Framework: https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/presentation/d/1phyOfNHa1xInIE6G681elnmYmO8m61seDgJJqq_MnIg/edit?usp=sharing • Cataloging Atoms within the Style Guide Framework: https://invis.io/BZ4692P6D

    Firefox Hello Refresh • Share Screen • Cursor Interactions • Co-browsing

    VR • Building Blocks: https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/presentation/d/1xuWEUBVQjrvMQelB4QKxNyk61ToztTJxyZKl2qKB7YI/edit?usp=sharing

    jgruen@mozilla.com 7 months ago

    Done:

    • redid idea town mocks with bryan
    • more idea town scss
    • meetings about idea town
    • mocked tweaks to fxa settings ui

    Next:

    • implement tweaks to fxa settings ui
    • finish idea town styles
    • pass at idea town metrics dashboard
    • AMO related sketching
    • some mystery thing or something

    jchhikara@mozilla.com 8 months ago

    Done:

    • Intern Presentation
    • Context Search
      • Report on the recent user study.

    Next:

    • Context Search
      • Finish report.
    • USSS:
      • Screen shot.
    • Download study:
      • Script review and changes according to the review.

    madhava@mozilla.com 9 months ago

    Done:

    • PLR
    • HRy stuff - review process, staffing
    • Starting to dig into add-ons

    Next:

    • More digging into add-ons in earnest
    • Some hello review
    • Some search coordination

    hhabstritt@mozilla.com 10 months ago

    Done:

    • Met with Aislinn regarding Tracking Protection tour (awaiting feedback from MattN on scope)
    • Reviewed/discussed Win10 brief with PMMs
    • Worked with Zurb (contractors) on test plan for Mozilla.org content
    • Met with Dolske regarding Hello tour updates
    • Wrapped up Q2 goals

    Next:

    • Work on Hello onboarding updates for 42. Will most likely need to turn off current flow and use static page for 40, but hopefully have time/resources to update onboarding to accommodate new designs for 42.
    • Continue to work with Aislinn as needed on Tracking Protection tour as it takes advantage of UITour API / web+chrome collaboration.
    • Continue to work with contractors Zurb on redesign of various Mozilla.org web pages.
    • Write draft of Q3 goals
    • Win10 deliverables for Fx40 (still undefined, but hope to understand asks for this by mid-week)

    Coordination:

    • Uncertain on how Hello onboarding updates will be prioritized among other engineering work for 42. Reached out to Dave Camp. Who is prioritizing engineering work for Hello? Are new designs still on track for Fx40?
    • Is there a public draft of Q3 goals from the Firefox engineering and UX teams? This would help my team to plan ahead to support them by drafting similar goals.

    athornburgh@mozilla.com 11 months ago

    Done:

    • Updates to Tile URL and label UI
    • Exploration for New Tab on Firefox 43 - Feeds & Groups
    • Suggested History and Directory Tile mock-ups for Lending Club

    Next:

    • Create presentation for Feeds & Groups on New Tab
    • More mocks for partners
    • Translations for Inforgraphic

    bmcbride@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Autocomplete race bug (bug 1105967) done, just waiting on review (low priority, given everything going on)
    • Much ReadingList work
      • Meetings, planning, UX details, bugs, breakdowns, etc
      • Sidebar is coming along nicely
        • Functionality for this bug mostly done
        • Keyboard navigation done
        • A11y done
        • Visual design done
        • Needs some cleanup, tests, handling adding/removing
          • I like nesting bulletpoints

    lconnolly@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Icon for toggling Recommendations Tab
    • Splice 1.1: UI + Distribution Scheduling

    Next:

    • Splice 1.2: Creative entities + targeting (geo/locale/channel) [replace asset tracking sheets]

    ttaubert@mozilla.com last year

    Bugs:

    Bug 1010411 - Intermittent browser_sessionStorage.js | sessionStorage data for example.com has been serialized correctly - Got inner-value-0.8433122792777099, expected modified2 (Not Started)
    Bug 1073339 - Investigate autocomplete test unreliability on Linux/e10s (In Review)
    Bug 1077652 - Link a preloaded <xul:browser> to a newly created tab instead of swapping docShells (In Review)
    Bug 1104755 - Intermittent browser_tabMatchesInAwesomebar_perwindowpb.js | undefined assertion name - | Test timed out - expected PASS | Found a browser window after previous test timed out - expected PASS (In Review)

    mbonardo@mozilla.com last year

    Bugs:

    Bug 1083469 - Allow keywords APIs to work in parallel with Bookmarks.jsm (In Review)
    Bug 1089332 - Add a getObservers API for accessing the history observers list from History.jsm and nsPlacesExpiration (In Review)
    Bug 1090308 - Invalidate mDaysOfHistory when getObservers is invoked (In Review)
    Bug 1090961 - Bookmarks.jsm and History.jsm need a solution for concurrent Sqlite transactions (In Review)
    Bug 1101478 - Remove the WindowsJumpLists.jsm depedency on hasHistoryEntries (In Review)

    gijs@mozilla.com last year

    Bugs:

    Bug 1079303 - Doorhangers animation is missing (In Progress)
    Bug 1080801 - Breakdown: Investigate tests in browser/base/content/test/general disabled in e10s (In Progress)
    Bug 1088050 - Need a pref to disable searching for single-word input in the URL bar (In Review)
    Bug 1100079 - enable update badge UI in Nightly (In Review)
    Bug 1100914 - Switch context menu telemetry to a serialized array of states instead of a single string (Not Started)

    Done:

    Addendum: one sec-sensitive bug in review.

    jwein@mozilla.com last year

    Bugs:

    Bug 1074932 - Desktop client user can access product tour from gears menu (In Progress)
    Bug 1083466 - Implement the FTE UI in the panel body with a button to open the tour tab (In Review)
    Bug 1099495 - Use mozL10n.get instead of mozL10n.get alias in code that already has the alias defined (In Review)
    Bug 1100565 - Margins and paddings are inconsistent/broken since bug 1074672 (Not Started)
    Bug 1100764 - Contacts move up and down when hovering over them (Not Started)
    Bug 1101006 - Refactor mozLoop.{get, set}LoopCharPref and mozLoop.{get, set}LoopBoolPref to mozLoop.{get, set}Pref that uses getPrefType (Not Started)

    Done:

    Bug 1099495, bug 1083466, and bug 1074720 (private bug) have all been granted r+. I'll land them today.

    mano@mozilla.com last year

    Bugs:

    Bug 937560 - Introduce onDeletePages (In Progress)
    Bug 951651 - Make bookmarkProperties, Star UI and Library info pane work with PlacesTransactions (In Review)
    Bug 982115 - Async Places Transactions: Solution for implementing Cancel/Undo in bookmarks dialog and Star UI (In Progress)
    Bug 1081108 - Implement reorder in Bookmarks.jsm (In Progress)

    Done:

    • Landed the patch for Bug 982115
    • Finished porting most of Places UI to new Async APIs (worked is tracked in bug 951651).

    Next:

    mozilla@noorenberghe.ca last year

    Bugs:

    Bug 1074670 - Implement NotificationView's button (e.g. retry) (In Progress)
    Bug 1080944 - UITour: tour page needs to know where Hello panel and room view are positioned (Not Started)
    Bug 1093500 - Cleanup registration by pulling push URLs from the push handler (In Progress)

    ywang@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Blog post for tablet refresh
    • Schedule meetings for people to sync up
    • Logistics for departure

    Next:

    • Last week logistics
    • Publish the blog post once Anthony is back
    • Connect people together and hand off my design work to Robin and Anthony

    mhoye@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    Met about Bugzilla-DB dumps, got the information I'll need to see to their resurrection. Pursuing that.

    Coordinating with Kyle about elasticsearch and the new-contributor-patch egg-timer idea. He's respinning an old patch-status dashboard for it - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1074210 - and I'm setting up a 'bot for interested people and #notification

    Got feedback about Firefox And The Academy post, put it up.

    Email, endless email. Patching all the machines I own, because free software is sometimes cruel.

    Next:

    Kill my inbox Add leverage numbers to areweeveryoneyet a small number of straggler planet bugs. Figure out what the uptake of StartMozilla bugs is.

    benjamin@smedbergs.us last year

    Bugs:

    Bug 791244 - Undo the pref for the temporary hangserver for beta channels until Socorro is awesome (In Review)
    Bug 1053745 - Include OpenH264 plugin in FHR data (In Review)
    Bug 1053746 - Add telemetry probes for OpenH264 plugin (Not Started)

    Done:

    Firefox work week!

    • Desktop platform team announcement; now working with rstrong and vladan and their teams!
    • Switch nightly/aurora back to the main socorro instead of the "skunky" one which was supposed to die in early 2013.
    • Add OpenH264 details into FHR

    Next:

    • Hiring plan
    • Add OpenH264 details into telemetry payload
    • Project prioritizing - need to figure out short-term plan for self-support project

    jmoradi@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    IPP experiment:

    • First meetings w/ UX, Metrics, Marketing
    • Talked to bwinton re: Telemetry

    Polaris:

    • holding

    Next:

    IPP experiment:

    • map out all possible scenarios.
    • regroup w/ Metrics, UX, marketing
    • Write our breakdowns for experiment design

    Coordination:

    Polaris:

    • awaiting instructions

    ddemerson@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Presentation
    • Interny stuff

    Next:

    • Theme switching for vertical tabs
    • Finishing up notification and toolbar styles for vertical tabs
    • Leaving :(

    ibarlow@mozilla.com last year

    Next:

    • UX backlogging
    • Search work with Anthony
    • Robin (new designer) starts next week, yay!

    jboriss@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

    • Worked on Site Identity spec for implementaiton
    • Sketched wireframe variations for Project N.
    • Finished scoping and pitch document for Project N for steering committee meeting
    • Worked on Australis styling bugs
    • Added new partner booking.com to Tiles, created assets

    Next:

    • Finish Site Identity spec
    • Digitize sketched Project N wireframes
    • Add assets to Dropbox
    • Finish bugs for download panel
    • Support Eng followup bugs from last cycle

    zfang@mozilla.com last year

    Done:

  • Light-weight Themes in customization
  • Next:

    • Finish light weight themes
    • Wrap up feature promotion plan

    manishsmail@gmail.com last year

    Done:

    XHR:

    Other:

    Next:

    • Implement a basic synchronous GET request
    • Start work on adding POSTdata support to resource_task
    • Dummy webidl implementation of ProgressEvent

    abc@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • Idea sketches/wireframes

      • Bug 762298 - Request: Bookmark organization and or sorting
      • Bug 972193 - Allow folder management in Fennec bookmarks UI
      • Bug 971922 - Lack of History Management in History 'Tab' confuse users
    • Sketches for redesign to include changing and resetting passcode

      • Bug 985637 - Protect payment information with passcode

    Next:

    • Refine designs on all misc bugs from last week
    • Tabbed browsing - Idea sketches (spilled from last week)
    • PDF.js bugs (get some feedback on bugs split & post)

    vtsatskin@mozilla.com

    Done:

    Next:

    • User Testing

      • Refine "unresponsive script" pilot and launch
      • Start developing pilot for in-content error messages
    • Internet Connectivity and Work Offline Mode

      • Determine current status of work to get to working state
      • Define work offline fully (from feedback)
    • Metro

      • Higher fidelity prototypes from existing paper prototypes.
    • More FxOS Rocketbar User Testing analysis

    mconley@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • Bigass holiday + work week!
    • Finished up the majority of UITelemetry probes - handed off the UITour probes to Unfocused (thanks Blair!)
    • Started attacking the customize mode transition smoothness bug (bug 873060). * Have filed a number of blocking bugs with approaches to make the transition smoother. * Bug 962677 is an important bug in this plan, and will hopefully be reviewable soon.
    • Have a patch cooking to fix bug 930094 (Browser windows sometimes have the nav-bar drawn in the titlebar)

    Next:

    • Put the patch for bug 930094 up for review, and file follow-ups for lightweight theme support
    • Get patch for bug 962677 into a reviewable state, reviewed and landed
    • A healthy mix of finding more ways of speeding up the customize mode transition, filing bugs for them, and fixing those bugs.

    Coordination:

    • bwinton and I are meeting with Alina Hua and (maybe) Alex Fowler to make sure the BrowserUITelemetry stuff isn't somehow violating our privacy policy.

    yuan@mozilla.com

    Done:

    [Sorry for not being here in person. Trying to get a few hours sleep before all the must-go mtgs] Worked on two HTML5 concept prototypes for Android tablet refresh sprint #1: [1]http://tinyurl.com/p953pnz [2]http://tinyurl.com/qb4y8ag Finished testing script on usertesting.com. Draft:http://goo.gl/MiJepk Prioritized and filed main UX work for Metro v2

    Next:

    Finish tablet prototype 3 for sprint #1 Launch tests on usertesting.com Celebrate the year of horse! (PTO from 01/31 till 02/03)

    Coordination:

    Metro launch kick-off mtg with PR and marketing Tablet sync up with Ian

    aganesan@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • Form Auto-fill: Ground research

    Next:

    • Form Auto-fill: Consolidate research findings

    Coordination:

    • PDF.js: Anthony Lam for visual design, Engineering & Product for development

    pamadini@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • Downloads: Compatibility of the API modules with B2G (see bug 926955)
    • Logins: Rework DeferredTask to allow asynchronous tasks (bug 940408)

    Next:

    • Logins: Remove main-thread I/O (bug 853549)
    • Promises: Investigate using DOM promises instead of "Promise.jsm"
    • Downloads: API extensibility (bug 899013), decommissioning (bug 851471)

    mhammond@mozilla.com

    Done:

    testing, testing, 1..2..3..

    • Work on e10s test infrastructure
    • Work on Sync.Next tests

    Next:

    testing, testing, 4..5..6..

    mdeboer@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • Australis: bug 900162, New bookmark drop-down panel should use platform-consistent styling when in the toolbar. Almost done.
    • Australis: bug 919965, DnD feedback in the panel is confusing. In progress.
    • Australis: mentored bug 922003, Move panelMenu gutter width to a constant next to menuPanelWidth
    • Findbar: bug 666816 regressions fixing & reviews. In good shape!
    • Other: bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library

    Next:

    • Australis: work on P3/ P4 bugs
    • Findbar: track regressions and post new patch for bug 257061
    • Other: land(?) bug 873126, Introduce a common JS Assert library

    enndeakin@gmail.com

    Done:

    908256 - stop downloads when going offline 906139 - preserve unknown fields when serializing 907062 - fix browser_basic_functionality.js test, checked in

    Review some download manager patches. Investigate some focus bug others are working on.

    scaraveo@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • worked out new approach for patches in case remote frameworker doesnt land
    • small stuff landed, still working towards finishing out bug 889427
    • partner meetings

    Next:

    • possible slight changes to ux for socialmarks button

    fgomes@mozilla.com

    Done:

    Done:

    • bug 851466 - Import downloads.sqlite to downloads.json
      • Started working in this bug, posted a wip v1 and worked through the feedback for a v2
    • Various reviews and feedback and working with e10s folks
    • bug 516753 - Refactor context area menu for e10s
    • bug 899222 - About:home for e10s
    • bug 897062 - Middle click support for e10s
    • bug 896748 - Notification request box
    • bug 902695 - Implement openURIInFrame
    • bug 895957 - goDoCommand
    • bug 903184 - Disable more FullZoom code
    • bug 786407 - Fix UninstallString for webapps installer
    • bug 902048 - Use getOuterWindowWithId in webappsui.jsm
    • bug 901757 - Create file with correct permissions in webapps installer

    mak@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • Landed on UX Bug 855805 - Create the Bookmarks widget with subview
    • Experimental patch in Bug 894331 - Automatic batches for Places results.
    • Gone through Downloads Panel feature recent feedback
    • Review Bug 513168 - Remove "Stop" and "Reload" from View menu
    • Review Bug 519937 - Remove "Back", "Forward" and "Home" from History menu
    • Feedback Bug 836437 - Add the ability to resume a download from where it stopped
    • Review Bug 874814 - (OMTConnectionClose) [Storage] Implement OMT AsyncClose()
    • Feedback Bug 891303 - Async-friendly transaction manager for Places
    • Review Bug 895839 - Remove support for binary annotations
    • Feedback Bug 895907 - Aero selection styling bottom border is too much bright
    • Review Bug 896193 - Adopt Promises in mozIAsyncLivemarks

    Next:

    • Handle Reviews/Feedback backlog
    • Fix tests for Bug 894331 - Automatic batches for Places results

    jaws@mozilla.com

    Done:

    Landed on UX:

    • Bug 895724 - Remove reload-button and stop-button from browser.xul since they are not needed anymore
    • Bug 895778 - Optimize code path of CustomizableUIInternal.registerToolbar

    Up for review:

    • Bug 896291 - "Close other tabs" should show the confirmation dialog if the number of tabs is greater than browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo
    • Bug 896157 - Optimize the CustomizableUIInternal.setLocationAttributes function

    Build a focused profiler for CustomizableUI and shared it with mconley so we can measure perf changes between optimizations. Will blog about it.

    Next:

    • Contact someone from the layout team about a dirty nsIReflowObserver
    • Need to start reaching out to other people to see what possible ideas they may have for fixing perf of WinXP tpaint.

    dolske@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • Another round of Australis prioritization triage
    • wontfix'd bug 893065 and bug 893013
    • Met with rel-mgmt, support, QA to talk about Australis compat impact with addons
    • Updated patch for bug 355063
    • Lots of other Australis stuff

    gavin@gavinsharp.com

    Done:

    Next:

    • Blog post about work week
    • finalize Q3 goals

    tabraldes@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • Implemented review comments for bug 795832 - synthesized input events
    • Thought of and implemented a way to avoid SetCursorPos in bug 795832
    • Attempted to get on-screen keyboard to appear by synthesizing click in URL bar
      • That didn't work, so tested manually clicking in URL bar
      • Filed bug 809629 about clicking in URL bar not showing soft keyboard - turns out this is expected behavior
    • Submitted, backed out, fixed, resubmitted patch for bug 795832
    • Switched to building locally with VS2010, switched to building release builds
    • Debugged remaining issue with metro chrome tests; browser hangs while unloading a DLL during shutdown, but log is written
    • Implementing chrome tests
      • Updated browser_context_ui.js to test right-click interaction with context UI

    Next:

    • More tests! I'll be going through browser/metro/base/tests/fennectests and porting them to metro

    jmathies@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • command execute handler prep for review
    • finished up xul fennec code base move. This is as far as I can get things until we work out the mixed platform/app resources problem.
    • fixed pymake/make issues with reg scripts.
    • fixed a bug with the dummy vccor dll that showed up with our builders.
    • upgrading local systems to new win8 release / VS tool set.

    Next:

    • migrating metro code base to RC VC11
    • work with bbondy on any xaml interop removal fallout
    • hopefully finish up /browser integration near the end of the week, get elm zip installs functional.

    dtownsend@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • Submitted pdf.js packaging work for review (bug 740795)
    • Patched a problem on OSX with FAT filesystem profiles (bug 733436)
    • Patched a problem with restartless add-ons when moving profiles between machines (bug 744833)
    • Added some quoting for the extensions crash report annotation (bug 753900)
    • Thoughts on shipping the SDK in Firefox and problems with supporting other apps: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/SDK-in-Firefox

    ddahl@mozilla.com

    Done:

    • Work Week last week for Identity derailed some development

    Made some progress on bug 673432 "Mobile implementation crypto.getRandomValues" - this bug also governs re-adding a crypto object to window on mobile platforms

    Worked on bug 734076 - I have a working patch, there are some unanswered questions yet

    Next:

    More of the same

    myk@mozilla.org

    Done:

    Next:

    • dig into Apps front-end and platform requirements

    Coordination:

    • in MV Wednesday

    margaret.leibovic@gmail.com

    Done:

    • Site settings menuitem (bug 706876)
    • Click-to-play plugins follow-ups

    Next:

    • Form autocomplete follow-ups (dependencies set on bug 695444)
    • Random bug fixing

    Coordination:

    • PTO next week. Back January 4.

    me@shawnwilsher.com

    Done:

    • Reviewed bug 699051 - Track slow sql queries on main thread + send them in via telemetry
    • Reviewed bug 465299 - mozStorageStatementWrapper::Initialize should check statement state/validity
    • Reviewed bug 702815 - Maintain a list of open SQLite connections
    • Reviewed bug 703143 - Use a memory multi-reporter for SQLite's per-connection reporting
    • Reviewed bug 557047 - Replace mailnews specific ifdef (MOZ_MAIL_NEWS) in cookie code with tests for a protocol flag

    honzab.moz@firemni.cz

    Done:

    (Extremely busy week, so not much done)

    review bug 534764 review bug 623948 analyzes bug 637657 bug 637361 bug 638179 bug 638218

    Next:

    continue reviewing new http pipelining stuff from Patrick McManus start playing with bug 370886

    michal.novotny@gmail.com

    Done:

    • bug 604897 - Unable to cache small entries when CACHE00[1-3]_ is full
    • bug 599127 - Wyciwyg channel write's end up doing synchronous disk IO
    • bug 592422 - preallocate individual (non-block) cache files
    • bug 597224 - HTTP Cache: use directory tree to store cache files

    Next:

    • bug 614513 - Crash in nsCacheService::DeactivateEntry during Linux Talos ts_cold

    bherland@mozilla.com

    Done:

    bug #549767 (flush cache-metadata off main thread): new approach, some discussion

    bug #589296 (Crash in [@ nsHttpChannel::ContinueProcessResponse): lots of analysis and thinking

    bug #561276 (Cookie dependency on cache determination for image redirects): patch submitted and reviewed

    Next:

    bug #549767 (flush cache-metadata off main thread): new approach, some discussion

    bug #536295 (e10s HTTP: offline application cache) : review

    bug #575928 ("http-on-modify-request" doesn't work on "CONNECT" method): review

    bug #551447 (Avoid async writes to memory-cache) : fix

    bug #572557 (nsDiskCacheEvictor::VisitRecord() dooms used entries unnecessary) : fix

    Coordination:

    bug #561276 (Cookie dependency on cache determination for image redirects): waiting for approval

    bug #548406 (xpcshell-test causing leak in nsMemoryCache) : needs review (michal)

    bparr.invalid@smedbergs.us

    Done:

    • Mainly worked on Bug 551274 - Update nsAddonRepository for API version 1.5:
      • Adds functionality needed for my current project
      • Adds a bunch of missing tests for AddonRepository.jsm
    • Landed Bug 558287 - Add support for searching add-ons on AMO via the addon manager's search bar
    • Fixed small bugs:
      • Bug 580379 - Move and improve CSS introduced in Bug 558287
      • Bug 578467 - xpinstall.whitelist.add prefs are not emptied when converted into permissions on startup with new profile

    Next:

    • Continue work on current project:
      • Begin showing new information from AMO in detailed and list view (temporarily storing information)
      • Begin work on back-end storage of new AMO data
    • Look into my other beta 4 and beta N blockers

    mnandigama.invalid@smedbergs.us

    Done:

    Working on bugs/enhancement requests on the topfails website.

    Tried [ unsuccessfully ] to create a backPort tracking application for changeset landings. The idea is to ask for a release branch and check if all the relevant landings on the branch are ported appropriately to all the current & active named-branches. Unfortunately, the logic of deciphering what are current active named branches on a given release is not trivial.

    Next:

    May 21st is my last working day with Mozilla.

    Coordination:

    Working on winding down and hand-off of the tools/scripts I develop/maintain to A-Team.

    kdangoor@mozilla.com

    Done:

    Can now build Bespin Embedded releases

    Next:

    Slim down the Bespin Embedded build (currently more than 600K compressed, but not gzipped). More docs Work on CommonJS presentation for JSConf.eu (I'll be giving the presentation at a2div this week.)